Home Forums BatchMaster Users Group Functionality: Distribution What does "Distributed" mean in the Item Location Screen?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    RGAster
    Participant

This is on the Item Location screen under the Cost section.

The last and average numbers make sense. I can’t figure out where the Distributed number comes from. If I take my on hand quantity times the average cost, I can’t get this to work out. Where does this come from?

Using F1 (in the BatchMaster Item Location screen):

Distributed Cost: This is the Distributed Cost for this Item Location. This cost is expressed in the Home Currency of the BatchMaster Enterprise. It is the total evaluation of the inventory. It is calculated by multiplying the on hand quantity with the cost of the item based on the costing method.

This is basically the total value of your inventory, but it’s not always tied to Average Cost.

Average cost will work for this number, but only if your item is set up for “Average Cost” as the costing method.

This number is easy to calculate when an item is set up for Standard or Average cost, but FIFO, LIFO, and Lot Cost can be much harder to verify.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.